Down Payment Assistance Programs
Yes, there IS money out there to help you purchase a home! Let us help you.
In the US, there are over 2,200 Down Payment Assistance programs, and amazingly, 87% of all homes sold qualify for one or more of these programs. In Oklahoma, there are quite a few programs available, and choosing the one that is best for you and that you qualify for, can be a daunting task. That is where our “Smart Home Buying Strategy” comes in.
Down payment assistance can be in the form of a gift or a grant. There are programs at the local, state and federal level that can help would-be homeowners make the final step into home ownership by helping them obtain a gift or grant for down payment assistance. Most but not all of these programs are only for first-time home buyers or someone who has not owned a home within the past three years. These tips will help you expedite the process of applying for down payment assistance to buy a home.
NOTE: There are also special programs for Law Enforcement officers, Firefighters, EMT’s, and Teachers. Other special groups that might also qualify are Native Americans and Veterans. Be sure to ask our Certified Home Buyer Advisor if you might qualify for one of these special programs.
- Obtain a copy of your credit report. You need not have perfect credit to qualify for assistance, although many programs do use your FICO score to determine eligibility.
- Have your tax returns for the last two years. This allows the program to establish your employment history and earnings record. Be sure that your W-2s, 1099s and other forms are attached.
- If you qualify for assistance with your down payment, the program will provide you with a certificate that states the allotted amount of assistance that you are eligible for. The lender will review all of your information, including your down payment assistance certificate, and determine if they are able to approve you for a loan.
- After you have been approved for both your down payment assistance and your mortgage, you`re ready to start looking at properties that interest you.
Where do I start? The very best first step is to contact one of our Certified Home Buying Advisors by calling (405) 547-9737. We will set up an appointment to meet with you and get you entered into our Preferred Smart Home Buyer Strategy program. Based on your situation, your Advisor will counsel you on applying for and qualifying for a home loan with a reputable home loan lender that also handles Down Payment Assistance programs. You and your Advisor will work as a team along with the lender to determine the best choices for types of home loans and DPA programs to meet your specific needs.
Get started now. Call your Certified Home Buying Advisor today at (405) 547-9737
Brought to you by
- The Dream Home Team @ Flat Iron Realty Group, Edmond, OK RE Lic #140773